Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chunky Bar

Happy election day! How great is it that we have the right to vote in this country?! So many people live in worlds where they have no such right. I can't believe how many people do not exercise their right to vote! Shocking to me! Get out and vote people!

While I was at my polling location this evening, a very sweet and kind, older gentleman sat next to me. He had a king size Chunky bar next to him. It was broken in half and he ate one half. He pushed it over to me and said, "Well, little lady...you can have the rest." I politely said, "Well, thank you. Chocolate makes everything better."

Here is the chocolate in question


I quickly finished my ballot and took the Chunky bar with me. I want it known that I did not eat the Chunky bar! It was tempting, I tell you. Very rarely do I ever turn down chocolate. But the more I thought it over, the more that this seemed like the start of a bad Lifetime movie.

Old man finds naive girl in basement of church.
Old man politely gives naive girl a chocolate bar.
Naive girl takes chocolate bar.
Old man follows naive girl.
Naive girl eats chocolate.
Naive girl becomes unconscious girl.
Old man kills and dismembers unconscious girl.

(Something like that)

Well, no worries. I did not eat the chocolate. But seriously? How weird is this entire story? I have never actually taken candy from a stranger...until today.


P.S. I go in tomorrow morning for ultrasound and bloodwork. It will be CD 11.

-Lisa-

5 comments:

  1. That was very sweet of him to share with you! I'm laughing so hard at your Lifetime movie rundown. So happy to know I'm not the only one who creates ridiculous scenarios! Hoping you get great news tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess.. Yesss! we all know I, too, could easily look at something like that and think "now how does this get me murdered..."

    It is kind of funny though, now that I think about it, that when you remove the internet-portion of election season and shove us all into a room to vote, everyone's quite nice to each other and keeps their political mouths closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may keep their political mouths shut while trying to murder the other party one chocolate bar at a time!

      Delete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...