Sunday, November 25, 2012

Andrew McCarthy in 1987? Sure.

I have got nothing today...my brain is spent. I think I just need to sleep the day away, or at least WISH I could do that. But that won't happen, sadly. Sundays are somewhat busy days for us. I especially dread the Sunday evening rut. Just knowing I have to get up early and go to work puts me in a bad mood. It makes it ten times worse when I have had a FIVE day weekend. I just know when my alarm goes off tomorrow morning, I am going to wish I could go back in time to Wednesday when this Thanksgiving break started. Ugh! At least our winter break isn't too far off!

Since I am out of writing ideas, I am going to use a NaBloPoMo prompt from last week that I never actually wrote about. It asked, "If you had to get locked in some place (book store, amusement park, etc) overnight alone, where would you choose to be locked in?"

I have told you all before how spooked I get. I am easily scared and being anywhere along, overnight would not really be fun for me. However, the more I think I about this question, it would be a department store.

I could sleep in one of their comfy beds, cook food in the kitchen department, try on clothes I would never buy, bathe in shoes (a fantasy?), collect the designer purses, try out perfume, ride the escalator over and over, play with the toys in the toy department, use the aisles as my personal runway, and maybe make friends with the mannequins.

Have you ever seen the 80's movie, Mannequin? I wonder if the mannequins do really come to life? Ha! It would make my department store lock-in definitely interesting!

-Lisa-

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I used to watch it all the time! How fun would that be to have the run of a department store with nobody watching?

    vistiting from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie and Weird Science. I'm a nerd. Those beds look so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just visiting from ICLW#44! Our story seems similar to yours in some ways. I'll be sure to check out more! And I do remember that movie...whoa, blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW...love that movie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...