Max and Harper are doing amazing! We went to their two week check up last Thursday. I was so nervous about them gaining weight. Max was especially fussy with gas and wasn't eating as much as his sister. I was thrilled and somewhat shocked that they both exceeded their birth weight!
Maxwell weighed 6.10 at birth, leaving the hospital was 6.5, one week check up was 6.6. At the two week check up he weighed a whopping 7 pounds, 1 ounce! I look at him now and he has changed so much. He is getting a chunky middle and has his first roll on his thighs. He really looks like a full term baby. He is still looking a lot like Daddy but we are both seeing him change a lot. He doesn't look JUST like Jeremy anymore...more of a mixture. Thank goodness! You know, I had something to do with the creation of him as well!
Harper weighed 5.9 at birth, leaving the hospital was 5.7, one week check up was 5.8. At the two week check up she weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces! Her sweet little cheekies have filled out and she has my chipmunk cheeks for sure. It is crazy but I just can't stop kissing that sweet face. She still can't fit into newborn clothes very well. They fall right off of her. Her features are so dainty and petite. She is definitely a DIVA!! She loves to keep Mommy and Daddy up from her last feeding before bed until the next feeding. It is usually from 10pm-1am. Then she is perfectly content going to bed. She doesn't just cry all the time. She wants to be held and snuggled and if we try to put her down before she is done snuggling...the diva comes out!
We are really loving being parents to these two! We can't imagine our lives without them. It is so weird how much they have changed us.
- We forget to watch our DVR shows and we don't care.
- We have forgotten dinner multiple times and around 10pm eat crackers for a meal.
- We plan our weekend afternoons around the 3-4 hour span between feedings.
- I have become a very protective Mama Bear when it comes to strangers looking at, touching, or asking about our babies. So weird, I know.
- I carry Germ-X everywhere I go.
- We both are consumed with spending time with them.
- I make up songs for each twin and sing them to them off key and don't care.
- Showers aren't a priority.
- Poop, pee, and boogers aren't really that gross on your hand.
- We don't mind getting 5 hours of sleep instead of 8.
- Make up isn't as important as it used to be.
- Facebook? Who has the time?
- I sometimes don't answer texts until hours later...not by choice.
I am recovering from both deliveries well. I was cleared to drive and at my doctor's appointment, she said my C-section incision looks great. I am still sore around the incision but get around just fine. I try to take it easy when I have some soreness or pain. Dr. Driskell also felt like she needed to explain her reasoning for the emergency C-section while I was getting checked out. (Although now, it doesn't even matter to me!) She felt bad that I had to endure both deliveries but explained again how concerned she was for Harper when she went into distress. I assured her that I was happy that she was looking out for my babies' health and that's all that matters.
Here is a before picture from a few days before Max & Harper's arrival. I am wearing Jeremy's XL T-shirt from one of my races. Then there is the picture taken today at 18 days post delivery. I am wearing a size medium T-shirt from the same race. I still look pregnant but holy cow what a difference! I am afraid to go out in public without the twins because people may ask when I am due! I may start posting anti-belly pictures now.
And...here are some pictures of the babies too!!