So...up first by birth order (11 minutes that I am sure he will hold over his sister's head at some point)...Max!
Maxwell is a rough and tumble boy for sure! He climbs. Stairs, couch, coffee table, TV stand, crib, toys, baby gate, people...anything is fair game. He will literally stack things upon things just to climb them. This has presented quite a challenge to our baby proofing. We contemplated getting rid of all furniture in our living room at one point. He was standing on top of the end table hanging from our living room curtains. I was literally looking away for 60 seconds. That's all it took for him. He thought it was the best time of his life.
That's another thing...his giggle is the cutest. More than his giggle, though, are his facial expressions. His face tells it all. When he is doing something he shouldn't, his face is mischevious. My favorite Max face is when he is confused or asking if something is hot. Gosh it melts me everytime!
Max also is the best at giving kisses. His sweet pucker makes every friend or family member giddy. This is because Max is a picky guy. He takes awhile to warm up to people. He may hide his head in our legs for the first few minutes. Then, he will sternly tell people "no" if they even remotely look like they are interested in talking to him. (This is usually accompanied with him swatting hands or even air away.)
He is emotional. He is sensitive. He loves his mommy. (And I love that!)
Some of Max's favorite things:
- Books--the boy will sit in your lap and read for hours
- Itsy Bitsy Spider--he loves the hand motions
- Saying "Don't touch" to anything and everything he knows he should not touch. But he says this while touching the said item
- Climbing--see above
- Grampa--he is obsessed with my dad
- Bella--or any dog but especially HIS "Dog-dog"
- Playing outside
- Saying his name "Maxxxxxxx"
- Destroying paper
- His belly button
- His sister's belly button
- His mom's belly button
- Ok...belly buttons
- Hot dogs
- Bath time
- Putting his coat/jacket on
- Throwing anything and everything
- Naming his body parts
- Biting his sister whenever she ticks him off (getting better but still does it!)
- Being chased
- Giving night-night kisses
- Playing bubble pop on the tablet
- Building blocks
- His paci---yep he is still hooked on this thing but only at nap times, bed time, or in the car. Will he ever give it up??
- Putting shoes on
- Cleaning up--he loves to put toys and books back where they go
- Following commands--he loves when we give him a job "Take this to Dad" or "Throw this away" "Put your clothes in the hamper"
- Wheels on the Bus
- Maw maw and Paw paw's cat
I am sure there are many other things in Max's list of favorites.
Max and Harper both had their tubes placed in July. Harper has had no issues. But poor Maxy has struggled with ear infections still. We finally just had to take him into see the ENT again. They sucked out his ears with a vacuum thing. They also placed a small ear wick. He is nearing the end of his 14 days of ear drops. Then, we take him back in on Wednesday to get the wick removed. I am hoping this makes it all better for the little man.
Max is still taller and bigger than his sister. However, I don't know exact information and probably won't until our next appointment in January.
He is teething again. His top molars are coming in. Poor little man has been miserable the last couple days. I think we are on the tail end of this round...hopefully!
Max is up to three haircuts now. He even had his "Uncle" Toby cut his hair at a real barber shop. Max broke his Aunt Carrie's heart but Dad wanted to take his boy to the barber. Toby is married to one of my long time best friends. He did great!
|Not a fan of timeout??|
|Head first down the slide!|
I just love my boy! He brings so many laughs to our family.
Now...for me to get Harper's post ready! (She is pretty special too!)