Some milestones for the babies this weekend...(all a tad sad for Mommy).
1. We started transitioning them to their cribs on Friday night.
I was not ready. However, Dr. C said it is best to do this when I am off of work. He also recommended doing this before they were 3 months old. I felt so far away from them. I wanted to sleep but a part of me also wanted them to NEED me so I could go snuggle them. But they slept! Wonderfully. And...we slept. Wonderfully. We use our same bedtime rituals and so that made it easy on all of us. Here is our bedtime ritual:
- Wipe down or bath time (We give baths on Wednesdays and Saturdays.)
- Lotion them up with calming, lavender lotion
- Dress in their jammies
- Feed them in low lit nursery
- Storytime (We read together as a family. I got lots of books as gifts but we also have made trips to the library for more variety.)
- Turn on their "Baby go to Sleep" music. (It is lullabies with heartbeat sounds in the background.)
- Lay them down when they are drowsy.
- Sometimes Max takes his paci but not always.
2. We both went out without Max and Harper.
Jeremy and I are huge baseball fans, especially our home team-the Kansas City Royals. We usually go to several games a season. We didn't pre-purchase our tickets this year because of the twins. I was hugely pregnant for the first half of the season and even on bedrest. So we didn't go. Then we weren't going to take newborn babies to a baseball stadium. So...we decided since this past Sunday was the last home game, we needed to go. My sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece kept them while we went. I felt much better leaving them because they were in great hands. They love those babies so much! It was odd for both of us to be together without them. By the end of the 8th inning, I started staring at pictures of them on my phone. And wouldn't you know...it went into extra innings! I was ready to abandon the game at 0-0. But I am glad that Jeremy convinced us to see the amazing bottom of the 10th inning to see the game winning homerun. The babies were fine and Mom and Dad survived too!
I forgot how much I missed one on one time with Jeremy.
3. This next one has nothing to do with a milestone but the title. I am so obsessed with this ridiculous fox song. If you haven't heard it, you must. Jeremy is fed up with me singing it or humming it constantly. Last night, I sang it to the babies. I think it is a great way for them to learn the animal sounds--ha! You must know what the fox says!