1. I hate the idea of going back to work. I attend meetings (woo-hoo!) this week to prepare for the upcoming school year. My heart isn't into it this time. I am usually gun-ho to plan, prepare, and meet the kids. Not this time around! I left my babies in wonderful hands (my mom and dad) yesterday for 4 whole hours! I was so excited to see them after the longest time I have ever been away from them. I don't REALLY go back to work until October 1 but at this rate...it will be here before I know it.
2. My Facebook feed today was filled with pictures of kids going back to school. A close friend's twins started kindergarten today. What?! They were just baby girls, like yesterday! It really makes me realize what everyone tries to tell me..."enjoy this time because it goes fast!" No kidding! It will be a sad, sad day when Max & Harper have their backpacks over their shoulders waiting for the bus. (Ok...can't even think of it without tearing up!)
3. Our 5 year anniversary is coming up quickly too-August 30. Jeremy has surprise plans for me but I told him that I don't want to be away from the babies for too long! However, I am super excited to see what he has in store for me. He is such a great husband and daddy!!
4. I go back to the doctor for my six week postpartum check up next week. I am SO much looking forward to being cleared for exercise. Not just walking...I do that. I want to start running and really working out. I have twenty pounds left before I reach pre-pregnancy weight. I would like to have it off by Thanksgiving (or Christmas at the latest!).
Here is the progression of the "Anti-belly":
|36 weeks pregnant-2 weeks postpartum-5 weeks postpartum|
5. Twins are five-freakin'-weeks old tomorrow!! What? Jeremy and I have managed to keep them alive and well for 5 whole weeks!