Thursday, November 8, 2012

Angry Woman Coming Through

I feel like I have been perpetually angry for a week now. Most times, I don't even know why. I know that it is caused by the Femara and Gonal-F, but I still feel so sensitive. It really is like I am having a constant out of body experience. I furrow my brow, the vein in my forehead pops out, and I narrow my eyes at even the slightest annoyance.

My poor students! My poor husband! They are the ones getting the wrath lately. However, I am starting to feel a bit normal as of lately but it has been a rough week to say the least.


On the IUI front, I can feel the follicles growing. I have been having lots of twinges and cramps. I also have that full feeling. I am hoping that my labs tomorrow morning come back saying we are ready for the trigger! It will be definitely disappointing if I need more shots.

I know that we are supposed to stay positive. BUT...we have decided that if this doesn't work, we will do one more IUI cycle right after this. Our deductible for insurance has been met so they are paying for more of these expenses. Our deductible starts over in January so the more we can get done in 2012, the better. Still hoping that this one is it though!

Have any of you been tested for MTHFR (sounds horrible!)? I have read a few articles on this and am wondering if I should be tested for this? And to be honest, I am still unclear of really what this is...any info would be helpful.

Trying to NOT be so angry!
-Lisa-

10 comments:

  1. Sorry I am not very knowledgable on MTHFR (although it sounds pretty rude). Just sending you positive vibes, hoping this is the one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed on your profile that you listed ivf. Did you go back to iui after ivf? The only treason I'm asking if because that is what we are doing, and I was looking for others in same situation. Sorry I dont have information on mthrfr. I am planning on getting test done depending on how my others come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going back to iui. I had a terrible time with ivf plus we are saving money again. We are filling out adoption paperwork too. We won't go to ivf again I don't think.

      Delete
  3. Haha KC's comment made me laugh..That's literally what I think every time I see that.

    My love, I am inexperienced in that particular department as well, but just wanted to let you know I'm thinking calming, soothing, super duper positive vibes in your general direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has been tested for MTHFR, and we discovered that he has one variant on one chromosome. We have not been able to get me tested yet, but that's planned for January.

    You can read about our experience on our blog here: http://lifeinlittlehispaniola.blogspot.com/search/label/MTHFR

    I haven't written yet about DH's supplements, but I'll do that soon. If you have any questions, feel free to pop over to my blog and ask!

    Oh... and to answer your question... YES, I think you should get tested. I've heard that as much as 70% of the population has at least one of the variations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MTHFR, my favorite acronym after WTF. I am afraid other than it's name amusing me I know nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through another blog I was following... just wanted to say I hope all goes well with your upcoming IUI... It's so hard to stay positive in this world we are in, but try to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting through those inject IUI's were the hardest of all of my cycles. I had more interpersonal conflicts during those months than ever in my life. I felt like a different person. I hope the se's will soon ease on you.
    ***
    Fingers crossed that this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...