Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Faith of a Mustard Seed

Everyone, even those not suffering with infertility, have had times they have pleaded with God or some higher being. We get desperate and reach out. This is usually in a time of dire need. I have had a few of these situations over the last 28 years:
1) Plane ride at the age of 9 that made me want to be baptized
2) My first car accident when I was 16
3) When my Nana passed away and I thought I'd die without her
4) My 7 seater plane ride from NYC to Albany, NY (I swore we were going down)
5) My first day of teaching (Scared out of my mind)
6) When my Gramma passed away and I was left grandparent-less
7) Choosing Jeremy (I wasn't sure at first-ha!)
8) Of course, infertility

Just some of the moments in life that I begged, pleaded, cried out, and leaned on my God. I beg and beg God for the right answers and the right path in life. And in these cases have asked him for the things I thought was best...not what He wanted. It is easy to ask, "Why didn't God answer my prayer the way I asked Him?" He surely heard me?

As I struggle with infertility (#8), I beg God to change our situation. I ask Him to allow us to conceive this month, not next month! We know this is the right time! We plead with Him to let this procedure work or to make this all just go away. What I sometimes don't understand is that He has a plan. He knows what He's doing, even when I think I do!

A great friend recently gave me a necklace. It is of a mustard seed. Of course accompanied with scripture from Matthew 17:20 "He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Faith is all I need. Faith that God's plan is in motion. I lived through that plane ride (#1) that caused me to draw closer to Him even at a young age. I survived my first car accident (#2) even though I shouldn't have left walking. I carry Nana and Gramma in my heart everyday even though I miss them both terribly (#3 & 6). Although a scary situation, I still survived my tiny plane ride and have great stories because of it (#4). I love my job and that first year of kids will always be in the back of my mind (#5). God led me to the right man for me (#7).

God’s ways were not my ways throughout my life. God’s thoughts were not my thoughts. Did that mean He didn’t love me or didn’t care? Did it mean that He didn’t understand how afraid I was or how desperately I wanted Him to answer my prayers? Did it mean He didn’t have a plan? Not at all. It simply meant that He had a plan that I didn’t see or understand yet. I’m so glad He knew what I needed more than I thought I knew what I needed for myself.

I am still waiting for God's answer to #8. But the best part is that I know He is working on it. He has never failed me and so if I only need faith of a mustard seed...get ready to move a mountain!

-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...