Friday, February 10, 2012

"You look like one of the kids now."

Changing my way of life is EXTREMELY hard to do. I have been a lazy person for years so the idea of exercising, frankly, frightens me. However, I am making huge strides in changing not only the way I view food, but also how I view exercising.

A student I taught last year came up to me in the hallway today and asked, "Mrs. Sickel, are you losing weight? You look like one of the kids now." I jumped for joy inside and just wanted to pick him up and swing him around the hall. How sweet is that?! Instead, I jumped for joy inside and said, "Why yes I am...thanks for noticing."

I have a long way to go but I absolutely LOVE that people are noticing! This morning's scale showed 12 pounds down...only 38 more to go.

A part of this "Better Lisa" journey involves working out and getting fit. I had this crazy idea to train for a 5K so I had something to work towards. Now I have involved other people and am ready to take it on. So April 29 I will be running in the Trolley Run. It is a 4 mile trek through Kansas City. My goal is to be able to jog/run through the whole course. We will see how it goes but I am excited.

I actually did not want to be pregnant this month (as crazy as that sounds!). I have looked forward to the end of my cycle in possible hope that it may be THE month. But now, I know that I need to get my body and mind ready to be a mom. I think that a healthier me is better than a pregnant me. Selfish? Possibly. Necessity? I think so.

Thank you God for making my mind clear, my goals focused, and my strength in You to get through it all.

-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...