Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I grew up in a family where Valentine's Day was a big deal. I have fond memories of receiving my valentine's gifts at school from Mom and Dad. It was so cool to have those flowers and balloons to take home on the bus. I felt SO loved! I also have fond memories of watching my mom search around the house to find all of my dad's gifts for her. (Jeremy does the same!) There was so much love that day (and really everyday).

Valentine's Day quickly became my favorite holiday. I loved my family all year long but Valentine's Day was just another day to express that love to them. Poor Jeremy came into our relationship unknowing of my Valentine's Day expectations. He learned after the first year that he was expected to not only show his love, but write a card, give flowers, and preferably some chocolate. He has stepped it up since that first Valentine's Day!


I am going to have to now explain my train of thought. This happens often: my mind wanders from subject to subject until I arrive at a realization.

So...Valentine's Day makes me realize that God loves us no matter what day it is. His love is enough. His grace is enough. In fact, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness" (Corinthians 12:9).

So sometimes I don't feel strong, I don't know about you? I could easily believe that it is impossible to survive the sorrows of infertility. But I have endured...so have so many others. That is His strength being perfected in my weakness. How great is it that God gives strength in our time of weakness? He uses the trying times in our life to show us the beauty and purpose to our lives.

So on this Valentine's Day, I can have contentment to know that God loves me, gives me strength, and provides His grace for me. Just me! All for me! He helps me face distress, persecution, difficulties, insults, and even infertility!

What an awesome God?! Now, share your love for Him and your family...EVERYDAY! Not just today.

-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...