Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning to Wait

So much of the fight of my sanity in my quest for a baby is waiting. I wait for the next cycle to begin. I wait till we can go to the Dr. to start the next treatment. I wait for the blood tests. I wait to get past the point of my last miscarriage. Everybody despises that dreaded two week wait (2ww). It seems like all I do is just sit around and wait. Why is it that even God tells us to wait?

Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength..."

I love to look at the literal translation of words in God's Word. You can learn so much when you know what the writer had in mind when he took pen to paper. Look what I found about what the word "wait" really means:
"A straining of the mind in a certain direction with an expectant attitude...a forward look with assurance."

Waiting is not passive at all! It is active (in fact, too much so)! If you feel weary of this fight, and need to gain new strength, this Scripture literally tells you what to do (at least it did me): WAIT! Don't wait like you may have previously thought about waiting--you know, sitting around doing nothing. Wait like the Word tell us to. Strain your mind toward God with an expectant attitude, looking forward with assurance (key word)!

How do I do this, I ask myself? How do I wait like God tells us? I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, after a rough few days, I am at peace. I have days that are hard and it is difficult dealing with my overwhelming feelings. However, I am not anxious or sad today. I feel strong and willing to let God into my heart. It is quite the feeling to have a deeper inner peace without jealousy and sadness. Thank you to those of you that helped me through the rough weekend and made me feel normal again. You will never know how your words, hugs, and prayers helped me get to a better place. Onward I go!

-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...