Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Changes

I think change is the hardest thing to endure as a human being. We are creatures of habit. When our habit is disrupted, it is quite a blow to our routines.

Just the thought of changes develops tiny, fluttering monarchs in my stomach. However, change can be SO good! All of the great things in my life have had something to do with change. So why is it so scary?!

Changes for the Good:
  1. I moved to Lincoln, NE to go to college where I knew no one. I met amazing people there and learned that athletic training in NOT for me. It showed me that I was supposed to teach.
  2. I moved home from Lincoln, NE and met even more amazing people from UMKC. I also found my niche.
  3. My heart was broken for the first time. It only made me stronger. It also opened the door for the best man in the world, Jeremy, to come into my life.
  4. My marriage and sharing a home with someone was a HUGE adjustment!
  5. Moving away from south of the river and being "forced" to live north was a welcomed change. I love it up here!
  6. Living through infertility is quite a different life than I expected.
  7. And finally...where to go from here?

I have been praying fervently recently to have God show me the way in my career. I have been actively looking for a new district for a couple of years. I love teaching my kids in Raytown and the lovely people I work with, but there are changes on the horizon.

Applying for other jobs was just that...applying. I wasn't really taking them as serious options. BUT now, I see that I am going to be making decisions to change my world...again!

I know that God knows where I am supposed to be and He will show me the right time to CHANGE. It doesn't make it easy though.

However, I will say that these changes on the horizon have taken the focus off of infertility even if only for a brief time.

I am trying to let God lead the way and show me the right changes to make in my life. As we all should. I want every change that is made be something that honors Him and His plan for me.

-Lisa-

4 comments:

  1. This really spoke to me...especially with where I am now at this point in life. I HATE change but it has been thrown upon me time after time this past couple of years. You are right....each time I have given in to change it has always been so much better than I thought in the long run. Now, on the other hand, number three made me flinch, tear up & freak out all over again when I had just relaxed my brain...thanks Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie, it is so true though. These huge changes in your life will pay off and open up all new happiness for you. God works in mysterious ways. I just know that He has a special plan for you. You WILL be stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 letters were sent out yesterday...just hope it pays off

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for where I've been. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...