Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Gender Scan

First, a 17.5 week belly photo.


We had our gender scan with the perinatalogist this morning. I was so excited that I could hardly contain myself. I drank orange juice and ate a doughnut thinking that the sugar would get the babies really moving so we could get a sneak peak at their "goods".

It worked!!
Both babies were ready to display everything. In fact, Baby A was flipping and doing somersaults which made measuring a little difficult.

Baby A is my rambunctious little BOY!!! Here is a close up of his "special parts".



Baby B is my gorgeous little GIRL!!! Here are her goods on display for hopefully only this once (ha!).

So we have a perfect pairing of one of each. Jeremy is thrilled to have that little boy to play catch with and the little girl to be Daddy's girl. I am so excited to have a Mama's boy and to dress up my little girl. So...I couldn't help it. I went out and bought their first outfits. It was a difficult choice but I figure I will need to go shopping a lot more now.




We are both over the moon with excitement! On top of finding out genders, we found out that both babies are doing perfectly! They are measuring right on track and in fact Baby B is now measuring a day ahead of A and that is opposite of how it has been.

The pain on my left pelvic bone that I have had was supposed to be caused by Baby B. We found out that I have a uterine fibroid tumor. It isn't anything to be too concerned about for now but it can cause extra pain. At least I know that the severe pain wasn't in my head!

Here are some creepy face pictures of my darlings too.


 Still searching for a new blog title name and will hopefully think of one soon.

-Lisa-

10 comments:

  1. wahoo! Congrats Lisa! One of each, how fun :) Such an exciting day to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sweet babies! I can't wait to meet them. So excited you are getting one of each! how perfect is that, God is pretty amazing. The Boy wasn't shy about showing his goods!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your little boy AND girl!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh those are adorable outfits!! Congratulations!!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So happy for you! A boy and a girl is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics!! Your belly is adorable ;-) People actually know you're pregnant, people think I need to lay off the donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! A boy AND a girl- perfect! Congratulations! So glad they are both doing well and continuing to grow!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...