Friday, February 22, 2013

17 weeks of worry

After infertility and loss, I am still struggling with the idea that this pregnancy may deliver two healthy babies. Most days, I feel so excited about the babies and other days I feel so worried that something could still happen. It is horrible to have those kinds of days.

Earlier this week, I had cramping and spotting. I nearly lost my mind! I was at work and in the middle of teaching students. Luckily, I work with amazing people who took over for me so I could make an emergency run to the doctor. The ultrasound showed two healthy, bouncing, flipping babies. They couldn't be more healthy, in fact. They think the bleed could be caused by a couple of things but none they are concerned with. They will monitor me closely in the next couple of weeks. The spotting has nearly stopped now, so that is great news!

I think incidents like this bring the idea to the forefront of my mind that this pregnancy could still have issues. I pray everyday for the health of these precious babies. I know that worrying constantly isn't going to do any good. I am doing the best that I can to take care of me and them. God is in control and His Will is in full effect. It is still so hard to hand all of that over to Him everyday, but I am getting better.

We do find out what Baby A and Baby B are!! I can't wait until Wednesday when we hopefully get a glimpse of their "goods." I hope they cooperate because we need to know. I have a strong feeling that it is two girls. I have had dreams that they are girls. Jeremy really thinks we are getting one of each, which would be awesome! I don't think either of us care too much though!

I have cleaned out the nursery closet. Currently that room is our office and it is filled with everything! I can't believe we had all of that junk shoved into one closet. We wound up pitching two garbage bags filled with old papers and documents that we no longer needed. It feels good to start a project for the babies. I am really looking forward to my Spring break when we will start painting the nursery and putting things together.

I will update the blog next week when we find out genders! I promise. I am also thinking of new titles for my blog. (Still) Trying to Conceive doesn't seem to work anymore. I want to still honor our infertility but also our joy to the ending we have been blessed with. Any ideas for titles? I am kind of stuck.

-Lisa-

6 comments:

  1. I know all too well how you are feeling!!! Infertility can ruin so much for us. I am so so so happy to hear that the babies are doing well and CAN'T WAIT until Wednesday!!! I sure hope there are two girls in there. That would be so much fun!! ;) Sorry about the bleeding scare this week. No fun!! Hopefully, no more of those will occur!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horay for Wednesday! It will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for maybe finding out genders soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the spotting! I would be scared too! But congrats on cleaning out the nursery closet! Our nursery was used as an office/spare junk room and it felt sooooo good to get rid of almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a inspiration you are. I am just starting this anxiety ridden roller coaster of trying to conceive. I love your blog and its one of the few I come back to regularly for updates. Congrats on your twins and excited to hear their genders.

    -Crystal
    TheCoxFamilyChronicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beginning of an end :D God promises that there will be no miscarriages so stand on the word of God (I know it's hard as I have had to unfortunately experience loss but if you are faithful to Him He will be faithful to you) GOD BLESS and enjoy this wonderful journey! xx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...