Friday, October 26, 2012

Decision Made! (Part 1)

So, I hope to write more later this week after figuring out specifics. But we have collected all "directions" for adoption through Christian Family Services. We have decided that adoption seems right for us. Even if we happen to be fortunate enough to have our own children, we still would like to adopt someday. As we look it all over and figure out funds, I felt like we could do SOMETHING as far as treatment.

With my horrible experience with IVF in June, IVF is out.

I never responded well to Clomid. So Clomid is out.

These supplements (Read about the supplements here) that we are both taking are obviously not working. Or they aren't working as quickly as we would have hoped. I am still not ovulating every month which is an issue when trying to get pregnant!

So...we are hopefully going to do an IUI (Intra-uterine insemination) cycle soon.



I am hoping I can get in to see Dr. Kim next week and get the ball rolling. He is out of the office until Monday. I know they will switch up my meds from last IUI because Ovidril is not my friend! It caused the OHSS and Dr. Kim said that he will not use that med again with me. I still have some Follistim left over from the IVF cycle so that will save some money too.

Onward and forward we march! Who knows if we are making the right decisions...but whoever knows?! We are both happy with our decision and so is our bank account! (IUI is about $13,000 less than IVF)

-Lisa-

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. Only you can decide what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at almost the same position as you are. Our last ivf was nightmare and we can't justify spending that much money again. Next year we are starting back with iuis. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your IUI and so exciting to be starting the road toward adoption as well! Although we haven't had to face that question yet, my husband and I both agree that if it comes down to IVF or adoption, we'll probably go the adoption route. (Now if we do have to face that later, who knows if our feelings will change, but that's our stance for now).

    Also, I just nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Details are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy for you that you've made some decisions. Wishing you all the best and can't wait to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...