Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots

Whenever Jeremy and I talk about the stimulant injections that I will have to do for our IVF cycle, we always break out in song. LMFAO has a song all about drinking and taking shots. (I attached a video of some people dancing just to the chorus to save you from having to listen to the whole song which really isn't that great.)
(BTW...Jeremy and I fully understand that we are complete nerds.)

This song has been in my head ALL morning long. Why? Because I received my large, Styrofoam cooler filled with shots, shots, shots, shots, shots. I never thought I would be excited about getting dozens of needles and vials. But I am. Not because I am a sadist but because we are ready to start this.

I go to the doctor tomorrow and if everything goes well, I start the injections. Right now I am super excited...talk to me in a week and I am sure I will not be as thrilled.

Just a plain cooler to most but inside it holds our hope for our dreams coming true. (Too corny? Yep.)

There is all of the goods inside...

YOWZA! Holy needles!

Just in case you didn't see enough.

So...we have been talking about IVF for awhile and now it is finally here. We have been popping vitamins and hormone pills for a month and now we finally get to start the "real deal." Woo-Hoo! As always, prayers are appreciated. Thanks so much for your support!

-Lisa-

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of shots. You will be immune to it after one week. Lots of prayers that this will be the final round and that you get preggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I saw some postings from you & I just wanted to ask has your doctor ever put you on thyroid meds?? My THS level is 3.47 which is normal for general population but too high for pregnancy & sustaining healthy pregnancy. My ivf dr put me on a very low dose of L thyroxine. Just thought maybe this could be helpful to you!
    I pray this is your time!:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...