Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year is Welcome

I hate to say that I hated 2015, but it is quite possibly the worst year I've lived. Not because of my kids though.  I look back and the pictures of our year are pretty fantastic. It makes me think that maybe my year wasn't so awful after all. 

But then I  remember the family altering, heartbreaking events from April 5-June 6. My dad got sick,  fought hard and became our guardian angel.  This was the hardest loss of my life.  There isn't a day that I don't think of him. He would love watching Max and Harper grow. I feel like he has missed so much,  but I have to remind myself that he is with us.  He gets to hear Max's smart and witty comebacks.  He smiles at Harper's infectious giggle. He wraps his arms around me when I cry.  He is here with us. 

I always make some attempt at new year goals or resolutions.  Last year,  I failed.  However,  I really am ready this time.  I don't like the body I've created,  the relationship I've strained with my husband,  or the Christian woman I failed to become.

So as in year's past,  here is my list:
1. Lose weight.  For real this time.  I can't eat my feelings.  It's time. 
2. Stop saying things I don't mean.  Don't hurt others and watch my language.  I want to set a good example for my kids. 
3. Work on becoming a better partner to my husband.  Don't blame or hurt.  Just love. 
4. Heal.  Body,  mind,  soul.  It's my year of healing.  I want to say at the end of 2016 that I transformed.  It's possible.  I just need to stick with it.
 
I hope this next year is all you want and need.  It's always exciting to have a clean slate and fresh start.  Happy 2016!

A 2015 look back.  Courtesy of Flipagram.

-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...