Friday, December 20, 2013

Santa

It was time for Max and Harper to sit on Santa's lap for the first time. It couldn't be just any Santa...it had to be THE Santa. 

So, what did we do? 

We navigated the craziest parking structure known to man. No elevator to actually use with a stroller. So we walked down and down and down until we could enter Kansas City's Crown Center. 

When we get into the Center...we have no idea where Santa's Village actually is. So we walk and walk and walk. We nearly abandoned the task until we saw the line of eagerly awaiting children and frazzled parents. 

The line looked fairly short. That was until we noticed that it wrapped back and around multiple times. After an hour wait, we finally got to the entrance of the village. No strollers allowed they said. So we parked and got them out. 

They were dressed in their holiday outfits. Of course, as soon as we got Harper out...she spit up on her dress. With no burp cloth since that was abandoned with the stroller. I used my own shirt sleeve. When has this become acceptable to me? Seriously. 

Well, Santa's Village requires you to wind around inside the Village...so we walk and walk and still no Santa. Finally, we see Santa and we have both (Jeremy and I) had it. We have lost the Christmas cheer and spirit and just want out of the Christmas Wonderland. Good thing Max and Harper did amazing. 

We got our token picture and paid for the ridiculously overpriced ornament too. They wouldn't smile but didn't meltdown either. 



Needless to say...any old Santa will suffice for years to come. Live and learn, they say. 

Our presents are wrapped. School is out for the break. My papers are all graded. I am just SO much looking forward to the next two weeks off with the babies. I can't wait for their first Christmas even though I will have more fun than they will. 

I hope you all enjoy time with family and have a very Merry Christmas!




-Lisa-

7 comments:

  1. Hi from ICLW. I'll have to remember that any Santa will work as I detest the malls this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! That wore me out!! You have adorable babies!!!! I'm glad you got it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW! The part when you had to use your shirt to clean up the spit up had me chuckling- I have definitely been there before! The picture turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, they look adorable. I'm still unsure about doing that with my little one, I think he might be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me laugh - I recently just survived my own 1st Santa phot with my daughter. I got a chuckle out of the no burp pad ... yes, when did this become acceptable? But somewhere along the way, this became normal didn't it?

    Your kids are so freaking CUTE!!!! What a special holiday season for you and your family! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! (helloooo from ICLW! =)
    I LOVE Max's christmas outfit!
    (and so you don't wonder who is making your post-views increase for old posts, I will probably be reading your story from the beginning in the next few days/weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an adventure. A story you can someday share and look back and laugh. They are so cute. I am so happy for you and that you get to have your first Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...