Monday, December 23, 2013

I Remember

It wasn't that long ago.

In fact, some days it feels like yesterday. But honestly, other days I feel so far removed. But I am not.

I remember the sadness. Especially around Christmas.

Everyone posts pictures of their babies or growing bumps. They talk about announcing pregnancy to family or their babies first Christmas (sorry!).

All I wanted for four Christmases was to share the holidays with our own baby(ies). I pictured the mantle with stockings and the childish laughter opening presents on Christmas morning.

At some point, I thought the day would never come. I had even resigned myself that it was Jeremy and I. That's it.

All when I had nearly given up the hope, Max and Harper were conceived. I was the girl that announced pregnancy at Christmas last year and am celebrating their first Christmas this year.

But I still remember.

I know how fortunate and blessed we are. I know that I sometimes take our miracles for granted. There are so many good friends and wonderful people in this community that yearn for my excitement at this holiday season.

So, tonight...Jeremy and I plan on praying and lighting a candle in honor of our struggle and in hope for those that are still struggling.

I do hope that you have an amazing holiday that is filled with love from family and friends.

Blessings your way!

-Lisa-

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment, Lisa! So thoughtful and sweet! I hope you enjoy your baby's first Christmas! So many memories to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have your sweet babies to celebrate with this Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post, it brings back the memories. This is my baby's second Christmas and I am grateful. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you! (Hi from ICLW). Thank you for remembering those of us still hoping for our baby/ies to spend Christmas with, and I hope you had a very beautiful Christmas with your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet. I hope you had an absolutely amazing Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...