Thursday, March 28, 2013

Is This for Real?

I recently went back and read my blog posts from last March and April. I was heartbroken and confused. I didn't understand why Jeremy and I were going through infertility. However, by my blog posts, you really couldn't tell. I sound so positive and faithful. I don't think I was that way through most of our struggle. It was interesting to see what a difference a year makes. So for those that are still deep in the infertility struggle, keep up the hope. I know we hear that a lot as infertiles and I wouldn't have believed it if we weren't in the position we are now.

I am on spring break this week and have spent it working on the nursery. I knew there would be no other spare time for me to work on it through the end of the school year so I have kept busy. We painted the walls a light gray. We built a new closet system after we tore the other one out. I steam cleaned the carpets. Tuesday, Nebraska Furniture Mart delivered the furniture. And now it is real. Or is it? I feel like I should pinch myself. I leave the door open so every time I walk by the room, I can smile. I find myself in there just looking at the bedding, sitting in the rocker, and visualizing how wonderful our lives are going to be with Max and Harper.

I still have to decorate with wall decor and shelving but here are some current pictures of the state of the nursery.



On top of the pure elation and excitement, I also am a nervous wreck. Oh, the dreams that I have! Also, since when did TV shows not only have expectant twin mommies...but mommies that lose their twins?! Seriously, it makes me crazy! I freak out when I can't feel them. Although, talking to the doctor today, that is perfectly normal right now. I can't wait until Jeremy is able to feel the movement either. He is going to freak! Here are some ultrasound pics from today:
Maxwell's profile (He is so cute!)


Maxwell's back squishing Harper's profile

They are getting so big!

Happy Spring (kind of)! In KC, we have had cold and snow the last week. It really hasn't felt too much like spring. However, today it was in the 50's so I got my dogger, Bella, out for a 3 mile walk. Boy, am I tired! It felt great to be outside exercising a bit though.

-Lisa-

4 comments:

  1. I imagine I would do the same exact thing: just stand in the nursery and smile at everything! Leave the door open so you can smile at it as you walk by. I am so happy for you and pray for a continued healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous nursery lady!

    It is REAL... OH yes indeed.

    Also I will take your weather, happily. It's been pushing 80 out here.. no me gusta. TOO early in the year, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Babies! and such a beautiful nursery!
    You have a long road behind you. I am sure your story will be great inspiration for others following the same path. Keeping the hope and a positive outlook is key. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful nursery Lisa! Shoot, I wouldn't leave that room! How awesome to see your dreams begin to take shape!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...