Friday, September 14, 2012

Mr. Bigglesworth

I have a list of things that I never expected with fertility treatments.

1. That sometimes they don't work...duh!
2. Giving yourself shots is not the worst thing in the world.
3. You cannot control emotions even when you try really hard not to be crazy.
4. You can get really sick and it sucks!
5. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR FREAKING HAIR!!!!!!!!


I have mourned and dealt with #1-4. But that #5 is really ticking me off. We finished IVF drugs and treatment at the start of July. My OHSS has been gone since the middle of July.

So why is my hair still falling out?!

I know that the hormone treatments cause hair loss. However, I am going on three months since the treatments and my hair is still falling out. It is quite significant. Although, it is not coming out in chunks...my hair is falling out by the bushel. (To be honest, I don't know what that means but it seemed to fit.)

My sister (the expert in everything hair) told me that biotin or B-12 supplements could help slow the process. So I have been popping the max limit of B-12 vitamins everyday. Still...hair is falling out. I am hoping I don't end up looking like Mr. Bigglesworth.
 
 
But, seriously, I am to the extremely concerned, starting to panic, worried about it never stopping, going to freak out state of mind. I know Jeremy is sick of finding my hair in everything. I am shedding like a dog EVERYWHERE. I can't even wear my hair down because it creates issues. If someone has any useful tips besides the biotin B-12, let me know please! And hopefully I am not the only IVFer losing my mind over losing my hair.
 
 
-Lisa-

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the hair part but gotta be honest this post made me laugh. Not that losing your hair was funny but the way you wrote the post was hilarious. Thinking of you lady. Praying the hair-loss stops. Now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with a girl who went through this also. I am going to ask her if she knows of anything to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no that's terrible, on top of the IF crap, poor you. ICLW #38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, its been a while since this post, I had OHSS after IVF like you and then felt pregnant on the following cycle. With the pregnancy came huge hair loss. I am on week 19 now and still shedding... no one believes me as pregnancy is supposed to make beautiful hair.
    How long did your hair loss last after you became pregnant?
    Reading your post I think mine may come from OHSS and not the pregnancy itself...but its been 6 months since OHSS...and no improvement.
    Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost a lot of hair after my pregnancy too. I am 8 months postpartum now and my hair is repairing itself now. With the OHSS, I wasn't pregnant so I am sure that helped with it. Within a couple months...the hair was regrowing. The beginning of the twin pregnancy I lost a bit of hair. Once the babies were born was the worst though.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...