Friday, January 6, 2017

Dealing with Stress

Everyone has to deal with an amount of stress at one point or another...(or all points in varying levels). Some people deal by crying (sometimes me), throwing fits (sometimes me), or lashing out at loved ones (sometimes me). I am guilty of all of these ineffective stress relieving tactics.
However, I, for the majority, deal with stress internally. On the outside, I smile, nod and pretend that life is my oyster. Internally, I am freaking the F out! I have a hard time saying "No" when asked. I have the tendency to bite off more than I can chew. And I definitely invent the majority of the stress in my life.
This week has been A WEEK. Whew! I first of all promised to you, the blog world, that I would write to you more often. Much to my chagrin, my weekly Friday night alarm alerted me to WRITE. So, I am now hoping this self-inflicted stress turns into therapy. Bear with me...ya'll are my free therapy.


I begin my adjunct courses on Monday. Like three days from now. They are all online through the learning interface, Blackboard. For some flipping reason, I have not been granted access to set up said courses until today. TODAY! I have spent hours on the phone with Human Resources, my department, the university's technology center...no one can figure out what the hell was going on. It was so freaking frustrating!


Now, I get to spend my ENTIRE weekend (except for right now) building two courses I have never taught before. Luckily, I can build as we progress but the majority of the course needs to be done before I can release the site to the students. Oy!


Let's add in the fact that we started back to regular school (at the middle school) this week. And let me tell you...it hasn't been a pleasant start. I didn't realize how much I did NOT miss them until today. Again, oy!


[Insert loud, obnoxious sigh that I would roll my eyes at if it came from my husband.]


Now, let me paint back on my smile, perfect the nod and go back to pretending that life is grand. Deep down I know that my life is pretty flipping fantastic. But the stress I put on myself is making it difficult.

-Lisa-



2 comments:

  1. All that really does sound stressful. Can I just say though, that you've really made my day to see you blogging again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how you REALLY feel...