Friday, April 18, 2014

Doctor Appointment(s)

In celebration of Good Friday...we all had doctor's appointments.

The babies had their nine month appointment. No shots! Best appointment ever! We got to see Dr. Cattaneo and love him! On a side note: he had on Sock 101 socks. Jeremy's new job is the sales manager for Sock 101. So funny. So, Jeremy is trying to sell him more socks now! Ha!

Max weighed 17lb 15 oz and it put him in the 21%. He has kind of leveled off which apparently is normal since he is pulling up, crawling, and cruising...and burning calories. His height is what I was excited about! He was in the 7% at 7 months. He is now 27.5 inches. This has him in 18%. Still not raising a basketball star, but I was glad that he wasn't too shrimpy. His head circumference was 18 inches which was 68%. He is a growing boy. We are going to have watch his gagging reflex closely in the next month when we check with the doctor again. Max has struggled with the more solid, chunkier foods. He gags at Stage 3 foods that have chunks. Also he sometimes chokes on puffs, veggies, MumMums, etc. Hopefully he does better in the next month because otherwise he will have to see a OP and a possible swallow test.

Harper weighed 19lb 4oz and she is in the 67%. Our chunky girl! Her heights was 27.25 inches, just a tad shy of Max, which was 11%. She fell off the curve a bit but he is not concerned here. Her head circumference was 17.75 inches, which was 83%. We were concerned about Harper's circulation. When she stands, her feet turn red and sometimes bluish. Of course, this didn't happen at the office today. But he checked her circulation and feels comfortable saying she is perfectly fine. Her legs are super plump (and adorable) so that could be reason why...nothing to worry about though.

They are just growing like crazy. I can't believe we set up their one year appointment today. The best 9 months of my life!


On the ME front...I also had my thyroid doctor's appointment today. My bloodwork came back normal. My TSH levels are in the normal range which is showing that the Synthroid dosage is right on. He said by me not feeling any different than before the Synthroid, it tells him that I am a healthy person. So, I guess that is good. I have only lost 3 pounds since my last visit with him. He would like to see me lose 20 pounds by my next visit in August. I would like to lose more like 45 pounds but I know it is not happening in that short amount of time. He doesn't suggest me doing any supplements or medicated weight loss options. Instead, I need to limit my calories to 1000 calories or less a day. Ugh! I know it is necessary but the thought of "dieting" makes me cringe. All of a sudden, I need a cake batter Blizzard from DQ...in a waffle cone.


-Lisa-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you REALLY feel...